- THE RESCUE PROJECT is a subsidiary organization of HAVEN HANDS INC. We aim to provide the most basic life essentials to people around the world, especially children: providing clean water, sanitation and basic eye health preventive care. With a genuine passion for protecting the health and well-being of those deprived of necessities throughout the world, The Rescue Project uses its pillars of pure altruism and dedication to increase the supply of safe water and ensure healthy eyesight by the year 2020.With a campaign conveniently named “The Vision 2020 Campaign,” The Rescue Project believes that by increasing the access to such a simple element of life such as water can change the lives of millions. The organization, backed by and named after its pioneer and chair of the board Redeemer Resk ‘Que “KING KITI KATA” Amedzekor, with a personal experience and compassion to aid children around the world lacking life’s basic essentials; clean water and eye health care. With a focus in sub-Saharan Africa, Resk ‘Que upholds an objective to advocate for healthy drinking water in Asia, East Europe, Latin America, and everywhere else that clean drinking water is scarce. Resk ‘Que’s compassionate outreach and advocacy roots from experiences relating to water scarcity, inadequate sanitation and improper eye health during his upbringing in Africa. After moving to New York City in his teen years, Resk ‘Que dedicated his life to making a difference, and now as a fashion mogul and business magnate, Redeemer Resk ‘Que “KING KITI KATA” Amedzekor is realizing his dreams of making the world a better place.
WHO WE ARE
- The mission of The Rescue Project is to give aid as well as protect the future for those in need, not just in developing countries but also right here in America. By bringing the world together with the Vision 2020 Campaign, The Rescue Project will raise $20 million by the year 2020 all to help over 200 million people all over the world, and will continue the momentum this campaign generates well into the future.The Rescue Project is making the world a better place every day, and by improving water safety, sanitation conditions and eye health, we guarantee a better tomorrow for those in need, especially children. By improving these conditions, studies show that not only does the rate of education increase, but so do the active roles of women in these developing countries, not to mention the monumental health benefits that arise from tackling these issues.Too many men, women and children are victims of the terrible reality that is unsafe drinking water and unclean sanitation conditions, which spread parasites and disease, which many times leads to the deaths of those in surrounding areas. To make matters worse, these areas with unclean water are also more than likely areas without proper eye treatment, leading to large epidemics of eye disease causing visual impairment, and in the worst cases, blindness. The Rescue Project is dedicated to making these victims more than just statistics, and will treat those affected until it is no longer an issue plaguing the world.
- The main objective for the Rescue Project stems out of compassion for humanity. We aim to provide the most basic life essentials to people around the world, especially children:
- To provide clean water and sanitation in developed and developing areas through creative innovations and partnerships across the globe.
- Ensuring healthy eyesight and basic eye care become the standard all across the world as well as training and supplying medical personnel and supplies.
- Raising awareness and educating people globally through the Vision 2020 Campaign, making it one of the most visible causes.
- Raising $20 Million by the year 2020 to aid over 200 million people in destitute states around the world to begin with through the Vision 2020 Campaign, and increasing that number even further after Vision 2020 successfully completes its targets.
MEET REDEEMER RESK ‘QUE “KING KITI KATA” AMEDZEKOR
Hello, as a personal note, I would like you to know that this cause is very dear to my heart. I am thankful for your support and the time you have taken to visit our website to learn more about our cause.
Living in America, for the most part, is a luxury, even for the poorest person, as most of us take things for granted. The very basic things others can’t afford we view as a given, rather than a blessing; water, clean conditions, proper medical care. As a child born and raised in West Africa until my early teens, I learned to appreciate and be content with everything. Living and growing up amidst the scarcity of clean water, having to travel miles in the early dawn to find water to bathe or drink before heading to school has been a challenging reality that made me the person I am today.
Young women like my mother have been burdened with this reality for far too long and thus have been forced to drop out of school after elementary education to take care of their families. My mother is the single biggest role model and inspiration in my life, and it is through her that I am here giving you these words. In her early formative years as a child, while playing in an open playground, she was a victim of someone maliciously throwing a stone that hit her left eye, thus changing her life forever. Without the proper preventive care and maintenance, she eventually lost her eye, all because of something that would be so trivial to treat in many corners of the world.
Not letting the loss of her eye become an obstacle, she raised 14 children, not including adopted children of her siblings that she also raised. I am forever grateful and will always show my appreciation by advocating for others to have access to the most basic life essentials. Can you imagine life without the very basic essentials? With no Vision and no Clean water? We are determined to be part of the solution of this global tragedy. VISION RESTORED. LIFE REGAINED.
For many years I have put much thought into what my LIFE actually means and how I can leave an impact on the people who need help the most. In that pursuit, over the past few years, I have taken steps towards that by dedicating my birthday to a righteous cause.
But that simply wasn’t enough; I started to prepare for a new journey, and I came to a realization very quickly, and this road may be the hardest and most challenging yet! It is a journey to redefine and refine the self. A journey to find peace, love, and fulfillment through LOVING GOD by means of my LOVE for HUMANITY. On this lifelong journey, it will require quite a lot, and most importantly, it requires selflessness. To LOVE and TO GIVE until it hurts is the name of the game.
I have been often quoted saying: “There is no GOD, UNLESS you believe in HUMANITY. You can’t worship the God you don’t see unless you serve humanity wholeheartedly. In doing so, your God is pleased you love his masterpiece.” And this occasion is the perfect opportunity to share that quote again.
After the resounding success that was our first annual Vision 2020 Benefit Ball last year, we are deep underway in planning this year’s edition! I would like to personally invite you to visit us on 12/12/18, where I will be celebrating my birthday, but it is not just any ordinary day but a celebration with a very real and very dire purpose. The VISION 2020 BLACK TIE BENEFIT BALL is organized to bring awareness and educate the world at large about clean water scarcity. Thus, my Birthday is themed with VISION 2020! Not only because I have turned 20, once again (and again), but also because we are determined to raise $20 Million by the year 2020! VISION 2020 is also dedicated to helping people improve their eyesight and vision. Pun very much intended. We seek to awaken the world from their blindness of the atrocities happening here at home and afar. Helen Keller said it right, “The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision.”
To put it into facts, every minute a child dies because of unsafe drinking water. In even bigger numbers, over one billion people have impaired vision or nearly impaired vision, with a majority of the cases caused by unsafe drinking water, the other driving force of VISION 2020.
I ask you to find it in your heart to please join me in changing the world in the little way we possibly can. We have the means and we have the VISION. We will save millions of lives of many children in the process. Your support and attendance would mean the world to me, more than you can ever know.
It is my life’s purpose to see the world improve, as stated by my way of life, my SWAGGERISM! Swaggerism is my life movement, and I am a proud Swaggerist. To put it in simple words, I live every day to the fullest while making sure that the world is left a better place for it. To live with SWAG is to live by helping the world. For more on Swaggerism, I have an upcoming book titled: Swaggerism: My Religion, which is coming to stores near you soon.
By all means DONATE anything within your might, if you can or cannot attend!
Looking forward to your generous support and contributions!
Redeemer Resk ‘Que “KING KITI KATA” Amedzekor is known as one of the foremost fashion gurus, a trendsetting brand architect and is highly regarded as a fashion week producer. Resk ‘Que brings his unique brand of production skill to Fashion Weeks all around the world, and is most known for producing New York Fashion Week shows for over a decade. Not merely limiting his talents to the fashion industry, Resk ‘Que is also highly lauded as a marketing genius and one of the fastest rising branding moguls in the lifestyle industry. Publishing and managing over 10 digital media properties and platforms focusing on niche industries.
Besides his business and fashion work, Redeemer Resk ‘Que “KING KITI KATA” Amedzekor is also known for his work in third world countries, with some of his more personal current charitable ventures dealing with building a better tomorrow. Chief among these are THE RESCUE PROJECT, a subsidiary of HAVEN HANDS, and FASHION WITH HEART also a charitable advocacy subsidiary of CAAFD (Council of Aspiring American Fashion Designers), which seeks to reinvigorate the fashion industry with compassion and by supporting international designers and companies in getting a foothold in North America.